You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

17/9/2015 8:34 pm  #1

Slightly odd request for Belfast people

Hi all,
This will be my first TitanCon, and I'll be one of the dealers on Saturday.
I make chain maille and scale maille jewellery and accessories - I wondered if anyone who lives relatively close to the hotel might have a tailors dummy / mannequin or similar that I could borrow for the Saturday to display some armour type items on? There would be a wee gift-voucher for my stall for anyone who could help out :-)
I know it's a long shot, but I figure it's worth asking :-)

Really looking forward to meeting everyone!

17/9/2015 11:26 pm  #2

Re: Slightly odd request for Belfast people

Hi, I don't live close, but I've allready paid for luggage (I now no longer need the hold suitcase due to something being postponed)   I do have a simple tailors dummy.  It might fit in my suitcase.   I wouldn't be able to take the stand, so it would have to sit on your table.

I also can't guarantee it will fit and I can bring it.  But if you don't find anyone local I can try to fit it in for you.   Its a female Torso  and non adjustable for a fat person.

TitanCon 2011 Member 1         TitanCon 2012 Member  1               TitanCon 2013 Member 11
TitanCon 2014 Member 2         TitanCon 2015 Member 2                TitanCon 2016 Member 1
Lovely Beard Director, Street of Gold Dealer Liason, Coach Fun Entertaiment Co-ordinator and The Misstress of Hugs.

18/9/2015 10:07 pm  #3

Are you on Twitter? Tweet on there with a mention of @Titanconbelfast and I'll retweet for you. Might help.

20/9/2015 9:13 am  #4

Pebble, that is such a kind offer! I really don't  want to put anyone to any hassle, so please only do that if it *really* isn't hard or awkward!
Targh, not really a twitterer, but I'll try and work it out later, thanks.

20/9/2015 2:14 pm  #5

Well as I said,  I've allready paid for 20kg luggage.  Because of reasons that are no longer valid.  Normally I fly hand luggage only.  So I don't need the space.  It would be a shame not to use it.

If it fits in my suitcase then its easy, and no hassel.

TitanCon 2011 Member 1         TitanCon 2012 Member  1               TitanCon 2013 Member 11
TitanCon 2014 Member 2         TitanCon 2015 Member 2                TitanCon 2016 Member 1
Lovely Beard Director, Street of Gold Dealer Liason, Coach Fun Entertaiment Co-ordinator and The Misstress of Hugs.

21/9/2015 12:07 pm  #6

MetalThistle,

I've tried fitting the dummy into my suitcase, Although it fits in my dive bag, I won't get anything else in there, (well maybe a couple of T-shirts)   which means everything of mine has to go hand luggage.  While this is normally not a problem,  when taking the dive bag its really awkward to take a big hand luggage bag and not just a small backpack.

I really don't think I will be able to help, but I've not given up yet.   I'll pack and see what happens.

24/9/2015 8:41 pm  #7

Really really don't make life awkward for yourself! The attempt is much appreciated :-)
Look forward to meeting you soon anyway!!

30/3/2016 1:57 pm  #8

If you need one this year I have a male and female one, but they're just the headless body only ones (with no back) that you use for T-shirts etc.  Not sure if that's much help or not

Michael
2012 #195 2014 #6
2013 #20   2015 #24

30/3/2016 1:59 pm  #9

Michael
2012 #195 2014 #6
2013 #20   2015 #24

01/4/2016 3:05 pm  #10

Thank you Michael. I may very well take you up on that offer! I've just bought a couple of similar things (I'd never heard of them until last week when someone else mentioned them!) and they look like they could be pretty useful. However, I have to fly over, and if you live locally and didn't mind lending me them, it would leave more room in the suitcase for maille!
Look forward to meeting you in October!

Board footera