You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

23/2/2017 11:18 am  #1

Coach Trip

Hi   Phil has asked me to organise this years coach trip.

Due to how many seasons the show has been running and the lateness of this years show it is very unlikely we can take you to any new locations.   We are open to suggestions of places you would like to visit this year.  

It would also be really nice if one or a few people who are normally on coach fire/2 who would like to be more involved with the planning of your coach trip would let themselves be known.   Coach Ice people are also welcome, I just want to make the coach committee representative of all.

Cheers  Pebble

TitanCon 2011 Member 1         TitanCon 2012 Member  1               TitanCon 2013 Member 11
TitanCon 2014 Member 2         TitanCon 2015 Member 2                TitanCon 2016 Member 1
Lovely Beard Director, Street of Gold Dealer Liason, Coach Fun Entertaiment Co-ordinator and The Misstress of Hugs.

10/3/2017 10:41 am  #2

Re: Coach Trip

Locations wise, the only one we haven't really done (that isn't on a private estate and unaccessible) is Carrick-a-Rede Bridge; but I understand why we haven't - price and time constraints. That said, Giant's Causeway was very nice, and there were some lovely walks in the area, though they weren't GoT related.

But what I have liked about previous coach tours is activities along the way - archery, fire dancing demos, sword demos; things to make it not just an "this is where they filmed x y z". I don't necessarily mean returning to Castle Ward, as didn't we have the SCA do archery waaaaay back in the beginning?

TitanCon 2011: #26         TitanCon 2012: #18          TitanCon 2013: #5                            
TitanCon 2014: #1           TitanCon 2015: #1           TitanCon 2016: #30
                            The Official TitanCon T-Shirt Minion

14/3/2017 9:35 am  #3

Was Carrick-a-rede even used though? Euron's bridge scene was done in Magheramorne. I don't dispute that it's a nice view though, as long as the wind isn't rocking the bridge and freaking people out.

Waaayyy back we had the SCA crew doing a whole fight routine, think that was repeated when we were at Shane's Castle (when everyone got attacked by midges while queueing for food).

16/3/2017 11:11 am  #4

Well, now you've said that, I don't know. I thought it had - perhaps what I saw was a speculation that they were filming there or something and just took it that they were.

And we did, aye. One year didn't we even bet on who would 'win' in order to get our food first?

TitanCon 2011: #26         TitanCon 2012: #18          TitanCon 2013: #5                            
TitanCon 2014: #1           TitanCon 2015: #1           TitanCon 2016: #30
                            The Official TitanCon T-Shirt Minion

19/3/2017 2:03 pm  #5

Yes, I believe betting was the Shane's Castle year? Could be wrong.

WotW had seen action around the bridge, but in other stories (and on the extra features) you'll see the bridge was a constructed set. Maybe it was plate shots or something down near the quarry, who knows.

Board footera